- 1 in 6 teens admits to abusing prescription drugs.
- One person dies every 19 minutes from a drug overdose in the United States, and this increasing trend is driven by prescription painkillers.
- Two-thirds (65 percent) of teens who abuse prescription painkillers say they get them from family members and friends.
You can help by taking two simple steps:
- Take the Pledge to learn more and stop teen medicine abuse.
- Take control of your medicine: store medicine securely and participate in a Take-Back Day on Saturday, September 29th.
Find additional information as well as a full list of the launch week events at medicineabuseproject.org.