Whether you’re trying to raise your child as a global citizen, or you’re educator who wishes to expose children to different cultures, the Diversity Calendar is a great teaching resource. This handy educator’s tool was developed by mompreneur and blogger Becky Morales, founder of the site Kid World Citizen and member of the site Multicultural Kid Blogs.
The Diversity Calendar lists a month-by-month collection of over 285 world holidays. Through interviews with religious leaders and thorough research, Morales ensures the calendar includes the most important global holidays so there is something for everyone. The calendar features:
- Multicultural and ethnic festivals such as Shichi–Go–San 七五三 (Shinto)
- Religious holy days from all major religions like Rosh Hashanah
- Environmental days to celebrate and honor our planet like Endangered Species Day
- United Nations International Days such as Global Youth Service Day
- Fun holidays that celebrate friendship, empathy, and kindness such as International Friendship Day
Teachers and parents can use the Diversity Calendar to plan time-appropriate activities related to seasonal global celebrations. It’s a great way to teach children about the world beyond where they live.
Please note the Diversity Calendar is specific to the 2016-2017 school year. For the next school year the calendar will be updated. Educators can use the information from the Diversity Calendar for all school grades, and it’s also ideal for homeschoolers.
The Diversity Calendar is available via digital download for only $3.50 at TeachersPayTeachers.com.